- In Microsoft Word, how can I begin page numbering after the first page?
- How to have page numbers start on page 3 using MS Word 2011 for Mac
- Add numbers to your documents quickly with our guide.
Maybe your Microsoft Word document has a title page and you want the page numbers to start on page 2. Or you might even have a title page and a table of contents, and so want the page numbers to start on page 3.
- Pages for Mac: Add page numbers in a Pages document.
- mac command line download http file!
- ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Word, how can I begin page numbering after the first page??
- Q. How do I number pages differently in the various sections of my thesis or dissertation?.
In Word Online you can not have your page numbers start later in the document. Click the first page you want to have page numbers. I suggest clicking at the very beginning or the very end of the page. In some cases, Word inserts Section Breaks automatically, such as when you change the number of columns in part of a document. Page numbers are usually a section property, not a document property. A page's number is determined by only two factors:. Just because a page has a number doesn't mean the number will appear somewhere on the page. Far from it. In fact, ALL pages have numbers.
The number never appears unless you tell Word to display it.
In Microsoft Word, how can I begin page numbering after the first page?
The easiest way to tell Word to display a page's number somewhere on the page is to insert a field code as follows:. Position the cursor where you want the number to appear.
Often, this is the header or footer. To position the cursor in one of these locations, choose Header and Footer on the View menu or double-click the location in Page Layout view.
Don't just type them. Right-click anywhere between the braces and choose Update Field. It has no effect on Word's page numbering scheme. Use one of the codes below to give your numbers the look you need. To fix broken page numbering, start by identifying the sections in your document.
How to have page numbers start on page 3 using MS Word 2011 for Mac
In draft view, Word shows you exactly where section breaks occur and what kinds of breaks they are. Comments 0. The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere. Join , subscribers and get a daily digest of news, comics, trivia, reviews, and more. Windows Mac iPhone Android. Smarthome Office Security Linux.
Add numbers to your documents quickly with our guide.
The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere Join , subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles. Skip to content.
- Beginning page numbers anywhere after the first page!
- how to uninstall mysql mac.
- Big Idea #2!
- liberar espacio en disco duro mac air?
- mac cosmetics warehouse sale canada?
How-To Geek is where you turn when you want experts to explain technology. Since we launched in , our articles have been read more than 1 billion times.
Want to know more?